Endodontic Associates’ highly trained team consistently evaluates the benefits of technologies brought to market to determine if they are an enhancement to the practice of endodontics and to the care we provide patients. We recognize the importance of balancing our many years of collective clinical experience along with the most up-to-date advancements in the field of endodontics.
As technology continues to advance, we are committed to leading the charge as it relates to the field of endodontics and the provision of exemplary care.
We use operating microscope technology that provides optimal magnification and fiber optic illumination during endodontic treatment. This specialized technology aids the doctor in seeing tiny details inside your tooth. In addition, a tiny video camera on the operating microscope can record images of your tooth to further document the endodontist’s findings.
Digital X-Rays / Radiographs
All of our offices use digital radiography, a technology that exposes patients to less radiation and streamlines communication with referring doctors’ offices. Benefits of this technology include:
- Patients are exposed to less radiation. Digital radiographs use one-sixth the dose of radiation as compared to conventional x-rays.
- We can easily share images on a computer screen with patients and referring dentists allowing a thorough explanation of problems and treatment procedures.
- Appointments are expedited. Faster image processing leads to less time that patients spend waiting in the dental chair.
- Digital x-rays allow us to communicate quickly and clearly with referring dentists as the images are readily available and easily transferred.
- This technology is friendly to the environment since chemicals are not used to process the images.
Cone Beam Computed Tomography
In addition to digital x-rays, our endodontists may use cone beam computed tomography (CBCT), if needed. This advanced 3D technology helps our endodontists see very fine details inside teeth to provide superior diagnosis and treatment planning options for the patient. Benefits of this technology include:
- Having CBCT readily available in our office provides an extra convenience for patients.
- CBCT provides our endodontists with three-dimensional views of the patient’s mouth, allowing for more precise examination.
- CBCT scans both bones and soft tissues easily, providing more detail than a traditional x-ray.
- CBCT uses a lower dose of radiation than traditional x-rays while providing significantly more diagnostic detail.
If we recommend CBCT for a particular case, we will first discuss the additional CBCT fee with patients prior to obtaining this scan. Please see our financial agreement document for specifics about this fee.
For more information on the appropriate use of CBCT in endodontic diagnosis, refer to the AAE and AAOMR Joint Position Statement on the “Use of Cone Beam Computed Tomography in Endodontics – 2015/2016 Update”.
TDO Paperless Environment
All of our offices use the TDO practice management system. We use the system to efficiently manage all patient records and information. This digital system has also allowed us to move to a paperless environment. Patients can securely access our online patient portal to complete their registration, history and consent forms before their appointment.
The software also allows our referring dentists to make referrals and receive patient reports and imaging through a secured HIPAA compliant portal.
Modern Sterilization Techniques
Our endodontic practice adheres to the most rigorous standards of infection control advocated by OSHA, the Centers for Disease Control and the American Dental Association. We utilize autoclave sterilization and barrier techniques to eliminate any risk of infection.